Target Audience: Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician 2.0 Credits Activity Release Date: 4/29/2021 12:00:00 AM Activity Expiration Date: 4/29/2024 12:00:00 AM Pharmacology
$7.98Add To Cart
Lithium is well-known as an antimanic agent and is administered for mood stabilization in patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder. More recently, Lithium’s use has been recognized off-label as an adjuvant treatment for other behavior and conditions other than for manic episodes. A thorough understanding of lithium therapy, monitoring requirements of patient symptoms and of recommended lithium serum levels, and of the potential complications is crucial to ensure patient awareness of symptoms and compliance, especially in patients with comorbidities and who are elderly.
- Identify the basic pharmacological profile of lithium treatment, with monitoring requirements and recommended serum levels
- Describe the primary use and clinical outcomes of treatment with lithium, including off-label uses, and use in patients with comorbidities and the elderly.
- Compare conditions for which lithium is prescribed, with potential side effects and adverse reactions
- Identify lithium toxicity
Preview the MaterialsView PDF
II. Lithium Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Lithium and Circadian Rhythm
- Lithium and Aggression
III. Lithium Side Effects and Adverse Outcomes
IV. Case Study: Lithium Toxicity